About the City Clerk
The goal of the City Clerk's office is to accurately record all official actions of the governing body and provide a checks and balances system for all financial functions. The City Clerk is here to protect and maintain city records and archives. The City Clerk efficiently conducts impartial municipal elections and provides services to the citizens, elected officials, city departments, and outside organizations in a professional manner.
When in doubt, call the City Clerk's office for assistance.
Contact the City Clerk's Office to:
- Present claims and other legal actions involving the city
- Obtain a copy of city ordinances
- Present a request for purchase of city-owned property
- Request to speak at a council meeting
- Contact a Council Member or arrange for an appointment
Contact the City Clerk's office for information regarding:
- City Council districts and Council Members
- Leases and contracts with the city
- City auctions, disposal of surplus property, etc.
- History of Gadsden, form of government, etc.