Follow Directional Signs in the Gadsden Mall Parking Lot for Drop Off
We will be accepting donations of ONLY the following items at the recently closed JC Penny’s store of the Gadsden Mall from Noon until 6:00 PM on Wednesday, September 6th:
Completed “Mud Out Kits“ or individual “Mud Out Kit“ items along with BASIC SCHOOL SUPPLIES, PET SUPPLIES, and reloadable GIFT CARDS will also be accepted. We will NOT accept cash or any unlisted items. All monetary donations other than the above-mentioned Gift Cards should go to Salvation Army at https://give.salvationarmyusa.org or to The American Red Cross at https://www.redcross.org/donate/hurricane-harvey or follow Text or Phone Donation directions on their websites.
“Mud Out Kit“ Items Accepted Individually or as a Kit
- 5-gallon bucket with resealable lid (Buckets from fast-food restaurants or bakeries can be used if washed and cleaned. Do not use buckets that have stored chemicals such as paint or pool cleaner)
- Liquid laundry detergent (One 50 oz. or two 25 oz. bottles)
- Liquid household cleaner (12 or 16 oz. quid cleaner that can be mixed with water. No spray cleaners.)
- Dish soap (16 or 28 oz. bottle)
- 50 clothespins
- 1 insect repellant spray (6 or 14 oz. aerosol or spray pump with protective cover)
- 1 scrub brush (Plastic or wooden handle)
- 18 cleaning wipes (Handi Wipes or reusable wipes. No terry cleaning towels)
- 7 sponges (No cellulose sponges due to mold issues)
- 5 scouring pads (No stainless steel, Brillo pads, or SOS pads; nothing with soap built in).
- 5 dust masks (N95)
- Clothesline (One 100ft. or two 50ft; Cotton or plastic)
- 24-roll heavy-duty trash bags (33 to 45-gallon sizes)
- 2 pairs kitchen dishwashing gloves (Should be durable enough for multiple uses)
- 1 pair work gloves (Cotton with leather palm or all leather)
- 1 can air freshener (Aerosol or pump).
“Mud-Out Kit” Optional Assembly Directions: If you would like to assemble your Mud-Out Kit, place all liquid items in the bucket first. Place remaining items in the bucket, fitting them around and between the liquid items. Sponges, scouring pads, clothespins, and trash bags can be separated in order to fit all of the items in the bucket. Ensure the lid is closed securely.
Other Operational Hours this week: Thursday, September 7 – Saturday, September 9 Donation Drop Off point at the Gadsden Mall will be opened from 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. daily.
For more information, citizens may call 211 “First Call For Help” who is partnering with the Etowah County VOAD on this project.