Paratransit - Senior Passengers Changes
Gadsden Transportation Services will be making adjustments to the number of senior passengers allowed to schedule trips based on paratransit passenger numbers.
We will continue to offer courtesy rides for seniors when we have space available.
As stated on the Senior Demand-Response Service application, "GTS cannot guarantee space availability."
We are sorry for an inconvenience this might cause. We are working to add more fixed route service hours in the coming months, along with additional routes.
Again, we are sorry for any inconvenience, and please be aware that our fixed route service is available for seniors to ride each day without an appointment.
Seniors' discounted fare is $0.25 one-way.
To view a PDF of this announcement, please click here.
Trial Period for Central Route Changes
Gadsden Transportation Services will be implementing a few stop changes for the Central Route for Fixed Route Buses ONLY.
Please be aware that these route changes are for a trial period beginning on February 1, 2024, and ending on or about August 1, 2024.
- Due to safety, we will bypass the Mid-Town Shopping Center stops until the return trip from North Gadsden going to Tuscaloosa Avenue.
- Addition of a stop at 817 Riverbend Dr. (Dr. Brady Farr)
- Addition of a stop at 901 Riverbend Dr. (Twin Bridges Golf Course)
- Addition of a stop at 950 Riverbend Dr. (Riverbend Apartments)
- River St. stop at Ewing Avenue will be moved over to Highway 411
After a 6-month trial period, we will enlist the riding public to comment on the route changes. I look forward to meeting with you on that date.
Sincerely, Tim Dail
City of Gadsden Transportation Services
To view this announcement as a PDF, please click here.