The GPL Main Branch (254 College St.) will be reopening with restricted access and limited services on June 15. GPL staff will continue to disinfect all returned materials and quarantine them for seven days before adding them back to the circulating collection. The East Gadsden and Alabama City Genealogy branches remain closed until further notice, as well as the Beautiful Rainbow Café and Friends of the GPL Bookstore.
Hours: 10AM-4PM, Monday-Friday
- For the safety of our patrons and our staff, public access to the facility will be restricted to the front circulation desk and the popular reading area. All other material needs may be requested at the circulation desk.
- We will be observing a 10 patron capacity.
- All returned materials must be placed in the book drop (accessed from the outside of the front doors). Library books checked out prior to our March 17th closure due to COVID-19 will not be overdue until June 15, 2020.
- The Children’s Department & the Teen Hive remain closed until public school is back in session. Participate in our awesome online Summer Reading programs on Facebook at Gadsden Public Library Children’s Department and the Gadsden Public Library Teen Zone!
· Contactless pickup is still available Monday-Friday, 10AM-4PM. To reserve materials, please call 256.549.4699.
· Free WiFi is still available to the public 24/7 from the parking lots of all 3 of our facilities. Individuals are asked to respect the safety measure of social distancing (6-8’).
· Two express computers will be available for public use. Express computers will be limited to fifteen minute sessions. Quick links to the US Census and Marriage Certificates will be available to expedite the process.
· A self-serve copy machine will be available. Ten cents per black & white copy.
· Notary & Marriage Certificate Services will be available upon request. $5.00 per signature. For full details and requirements, please call 256.549.4699, ext. 2113.
As per CDC guidelines, we continue to do our part to stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect our community by requiring staff to socially distance 6,’ wash hands frequently, wear face coverings, and frequently sanitize high touch surfaces. We encourage our patrons to do the same.
Welcome back! We’ve missed you!
Please feel free to email or call with any questions or concerns at: firstname.lastname@example.org / 256-549-4699.